On Day 1, you will learn strategies for increasing self-awareness as a leader and fundamental concepts of leadership theory and practice, including:
- Completing the MBTI(R) personality assessment**
- Appreciating personality differences, both your own and others'
- Through exercises and case study, explore type impact on groups and organizations
- Defining leadership and distinguishing it from management
- Overview of key leadership theories/models
- Reflecting on the impact of influence in leadership
**We will provide advance instructions and the link to the online MBTI(R) assessment which needs to be completed one week prior to the start of the training.
On Day 2, you will learn more about the core leadership practices of emotional intelligence, communication, and feedback, including:
- Describing emotional intelligence and assessing your own emotional intelligence
- Identify and describe 4 dimensions of emotional intelligence
- Develop a personal plan for strengthening your emotional intelligence
- Examine sources of communication breakdowns and approaches in improving communication
- Explore and practice active listening
- 15 tips for giving effective feedback to others
Parking Option: The city-operated State St./Campus ramp near University Ave & Lake St., cashiered with credit card pay stations, is about 2 blocks from Pyle Center.
Parking for Persons with Disabilities: Persons with qualified disabilities who need appropriate parking have several options also. If available, street parking is free provided you have the required license plate and/or windshield tag. Public parking ramps have designated disabled parking spaces, but these are NOT free.