Community Development Block Grant - Economic Development (CDBG-ED) Program: Overview
CDBG - Economic Development (CDBG-ED) Funds
Grant funds are awarded to local governments to assist businesses to create or retain jobs for individuals with low and moderate incomes. Examples of eligible projects include: business loans to expand facilities or purchase equipment, specialized employee training, or business infrastructure projects.
- How to Apply: CDBG-ED applications may be submitted at any time, and are reviewed by DOA as they are received. CDBG-ED funds are awarded on an as-needed basis throughout the year, provided that the Applications meet a CDBG National Objective (in conjunction with HUD program regulations). Application materials and submission instructions should be carefully reviewed prior to apply for CDBG-ED funds.
- Review Process: For each Grant Application received, DOA reviews & scores the Application (on a case-by-case basis) to determine the eligibility & fundability of the proposed project. Successful Applications must meet a CDBG National Objective (in accordance with HUD program regulations). DOA anticipates a minimum 60-day review time period for submitted Applications. Applications deemed eligible & fundable will be awarded State CDBG-ED funds.
- Award Process: Award letters will be issued upon determination of the Communities' (and their respective Businesses') abilities to meet a CDBG National Objective in accordance with HUD program regulations. The award letter documents the next steps required to accept & execute a Grant Agreement (i.e. contract) with the State of Wisconsin.
- Next Steps & Requirements: Community grant administrators will be required to attend implementation training. CDBG-ED training sessions will be announced upon selection of training dates & locations.
CDBG - Economic Development (CDBG-ED) Application Materials
Additional Reference Materials
CDBG - Economic Development (CDBG-ED) Implementation Handbook
- Chapters will be posted here as they are finalized & published
CDBG - Economic Development (CDBG-ED) Reporting Requirements
If you have questions about the status of your CDBG application, please contact the Department of Administration's (DOA's) Division of Housing at (608) 266-7531.
General information regarding the Division of Housing's Bureau of Community Development (BCD), which oversees & manages the CDBG Grants, may be obtained by emailing CDBG-Community Development or by contacting the BCD Director at (608) 261-7538.
Non-electronic mail correspondence (i.e. "snail mail") should be directed to:
Wisconsin Dept. of Administration -- Division of Housing
Attn: Bureau of Community Development
101 East Wilson Street
P.O. Box #7970
Madison, WI 53707-7970