Creating a Private List from your phone keypad
· Call and sign in to Unity.
· At the Main menu, select the option Setup Options, then Message Settings, and Private Lists, and Change the Names on a Private List.
· Enter the number of an unused list. If you do not know a number for an unused list, at the Main menu, select the option Setup Options, then Message Settings, and Private Lists, and Hear Private Lists. Connection plays information about any lists already in use, including the list numbers, so use a number other than the one(s) you hear.
o After Connection says "Private List <Number>," follow the prompts to add names to the list.
o When you are finished adding names, select the option Rerecord the Name of the List and follow the prompts to record a name for the list.
Members of Private Lists
The maximum number of members is 99 that you can add to a private list. Any user or system distribution list that is included in the directory can be a member of your private lists.
If you try to add a user or system distribution list that is already a member of the private list, Connection does not add the member to the same list again.
You can add members to, and review and delete members from your private lists. You can have up to 25 lists.
Administrative changes to private list members may cause them to be presented differently when you review your lists later. Occasionally, administrative changes may even cause some members to be removed from your lists without notice. Your Connection administrator should be able to inform you before changes occur, though you will still need to re-add these members to your lists in the event that they are inadvertently removed.
Changing the Members of a Private List by Using the Phone Keypad
· Call and sign in to Unity.
· At the Main menu, select the option Setup Options, then Message Settings, and Private Lists, and Change the Names.
· Follow the prompts to select the list whose members you want to change and to add, review, or delete members. When you review the list members, you can quickly navigate through them.
o Press 3 to delete a recipient from the list;
o press 7 to skip to the previous name and 9 to skip to the next name; and
o press 77 to skip to the beginning of the list and
o press 99 to skip to the end.
Changing the Recorded Names of Private Lists
Each private list has a recorded name. When you address messages to private lists, Cisco Unity Connection plays the recorded name so that you can confirm that you have addressed the message to the correct list.
· Call and sign in to Connection.
· At the Main menu, select the option Setup Options, then Message Settings, and Private Lists, and Change Names.
· Follow the prompts to select the list whose recorded name you want to change and to rerecord the name. (Note that if the list you chose does not already have members, you must add them before you can record a name for the list.)
Deleting Private Lists
Although you can delete individual members of your lists by phone, you cannot delete the list itself. You can reuse and rename for future lists