W4268 Southland Road
Linn, Wisconsin 54436
For additional information, please contact employees of the Facility Management Information Center at email@example.com or at (608) 266-1485.
The Black Point Property, located on the south shore of Lake Geneva, includes a large, 13-bedroom Queen Ann style summer home constructed in 1888, a “Shingle House” constructed in 1970, other structures, a significant area of heavily wooded land and approximately 600 feet of lake frontage on a total of six acres of land. This historic property – listed on the National Register of Historic Places for its architectural significance was offered as a gift to the State of Wisconsin by owners William and Jane Petersen. The purpose of this gift was to convert the Lake Geneva summer home into a public historic site. The Petersens initiated this process in 1993 with the Lake Geneva Historical Society.
Pursuant to statute, the estate property is adopted for public use as a historic preserve – under the authority of the Department of Administration.